Tuesday 6 July 2010

big years !


Some years drift by .. others are full of massive events, experiences and change ... the year 1985-86 was a whole new book for me.  Disastrous Dental surgery, beginning training as a qualified Nurse, finding Acupuncture and Ancient medicines .. as if that were't enough .. the biggest event of all perhaps happened when, after a separation of 30yrs i met my Birth Mother.  It was the culmination of years of wondering and searching.  
It's an almost indescribable event !  

Shocking ~ we looked exactly alike ~ surprising ~ i knew her smell ~ comforting ~ she had not wanted me to be taken away ~ astonishing ~ we had the same curtains ! ~ sad ~ for the lost years ~ funny ~ we loved the same music ~ frustrating ~ she did not tell her family ~ cool ~ her love for Animals ~ fascinating ~ her story of my roots ~  poignant ~ she could not cope seeing me & remembering her past ~

she loved me & through meeting her and feeling that love i found a new level of love for myself

Blessed she gave me LIFE
Blessed for her open heart that she would meet me and share my beginnings
Blessed she was at peace after all those years

one day, another chapter will come, i will find my sisters ... 

Life ... full of surprises 
especially where love and family are concerned !  


No comments: